Monday, April 16, 2012

Chevron Stripes and Glassine Bags.....

Well it is back to the "real" world for all of us here in the Kovack household......with a return to our jobs, schoolwork, appointments etc. Is it wrong to feel a bit blue after a vacation? Because I did a teeny bit. Maybe it was the cloudy rainy weather here, or the fact that I just didn't want the vacation to end.....but I have to admit I wasn't quite so chipper about the arrival of Monday morning! I am sure one day back to work and it will be like I never left and the routine will settle back into place for all of us. : ) 

 I have a mini tutorial to share with you today. I love glassine bags and bought tons of them off of Etsy awhile back. They are perfect for little treats or notes! I thought I'd jump right onto the Chevron stripe craze! I used JustRite's Chevron Stripe background stamp to create this little bag. I gave it a large flower cut using my Cricut.  The sentiment is from JustRite's Spring Rose Medallion's set.  
Once I started making them, I couldn't stop!  

Here is a peek at what I did!

Here is one more bag that I finished decorating.  It has a little note inside to give to a dear friend of mine! I am sure you will be seeing more of these in the future!

Hope your day is a happy day!!!

12 comments:

EllenaElizabeth said...

I love this! And aren't the JustRite stamps the best? They are about my favs.

Diane Hodrick said...

Oh my, what a sweet post. Love the bags...with and without the chevrons...you have topped them off perfectly. Beautiful as always. Welcome back to reality....

Regina said...

What a cute idea! I see that chevron everywhere. I guess I will have to give it a try. Happy Monday! Regina

Sis Patterson said...

Great project - love your use of embossing on glassine - and what a wonderful idea to "package" a note. You continue to inspire!

Life and Knits said...

Michele, that is so pretty! That's really neat. They look really good and you're right, very nice for gift giving. Keep those tutorials coming!!

Esther Asbury said...

Oh how very, very pretty! Love this idea!

Cricut Couple said...

Incredible! What an amazing creation again! Have to try this!

Missy said...

Sometimes I need a vacation to recover from the vacation!!! ;) Your bags are stunning, I love the huge flowers you added at the top and the shimmery embossing powder is terrific!!

carpediem said...

your embossed bags are lovely - any tips on preventing the embossed areas from "flaking" off on the glassine after embossing? I love the look but find that pieces of the embossing come off if the bag is bent or folded - thanks!

carpediem said...

your embossed bags are lovely - any tips on preventing the embossed areas from "flaking" off on the glassine after embossing? I love the look but find that pieces of the embossing come off if the bag is bent or folded - thanks!

Rea' said...

WOW !!! Amazing!

Sara Andrews said...

Love this idea!! And yes, it's always hard to get back to the real world.