Monday, February 25, 2013

Happy Colors!

I don't often use bright colors, but lately, I have been drawn to them.  Maybe because they invoke a feeling of energy, spirit, and happiness.  I found this adorable spool cut over at the Silhouette store and knew I had to purchase it.  I have another version of this card coming on Wednesday.  Completely opposite of today's bright color scheme. 
I had this bright yarn in my stash and used it as my "thread."  The quilled flower is by Provo Craft.  I added a fun polka dot ribbon and a bit of lace. 

Cortney had her Hawaiian Luau this past Friday night with her BFF, Patty.  They met up with lots of kids from their school.  It is such a great event hosted by her school.  They assign 
one-on-one aides to the students who need it.  (Like Cort): )
The kids dance and enjoy being together.  
Cort talked about it for days before and couldn't wait to go.  It makes me happy when she has opportunities like this.   
And of course I couldn't resist taking a few photos of her before the party. 
We also purchased her prom dress this weekend.  I am hoping to share some pics with you soon!
Have a great day my friends!
XOXO


9 comments:

Tracey said...

Love your gorgeous card..the colour palate is so pretty. Beautiful photos of your daughter too!

~amy~ said...

Love your project...soooooooo love the bright colors and Cort looks beautiful!

Esther Asbury said...

Love your little card with all the wonderful details! Beautiful pictures of your beautiful daughter as well!

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful card...love the colours. Beautiful pics of your daughter too! Lee-Ann :)

Rea' said...

So pretty, love that color palette, it makes me Happy ! Love the pic of " Cort's " , so pretty in her pink !

Anonymous said...

Love this card. Happy, happy colors. Great pics of Cort.

Jingle said...

These are GREAT, bright, happy colors! I love the design, too! SO FUN!

Life and Knits said...

Michele, this card is so bright and cheery! I saw it and just smiled. Love seeing Courts photos! Keep'em comin'!

Susie

Dorlene Durham said...

very cute card!