Saturday, February 14, 2015

Love....

We met 27 years ago at the Burger King Drive thru. I was working, he was with his friends. Romantic start eh?
We were just silly, immature teens,16 & 19.
We started dating in high school, and then continued through college. 
We got married the same year I graduated. 
Talk about a crazy summer!
"You're too young," they said.
"You should date other people," they said.
People placed bets that our marriage wouldn't last.
Boy, were they wrong!
I would be lying if I didn't say we've had our share of ups and downs.
We have had curve balls thrown our way. Many of them.
Shaker with sequins!
But I can honestly say that this man right here has made me laugh more times that I can count, especially when I all I wanted to do was cry. 
He has supported my crazy dreams. (What dad sits at a beauty pageant for his daughter all day?)
He believes in me....our children...our future.
He respects me and loves me for who I am.
He is kind.
And did I mention he is funny? ;)
Yep, a man who can make me laugh.....is the best kind of man! 
So on this Valentine's Day, I wish all of you love and friendship!
And laughter.
Lots of laughter.
:)



3 comments:

Sandy Ross said...

This is just lovely! I love how you did the letters!

Regina said...

Love your story. My husband and I did the same thing. We met where I worked and we got married the year I graduated from high school. We also had our ups and downs and 6 beautiful kids. Even the priest that married us was against us but this year we will be married 55 years. Not all young marriages end up bad.

Lisa H said...

What a wonderful story and beautiful layout!