Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Ready For Fall!

Good morning! I have a card today that uses die cuts, foam tape, ribbon, and lots of glitter!
I die cut 3 leaves and popped the panel up with Crafty Foam tape.  I placed diagonal strips of ribbon under each leaf.  I covered the panel with a thin coat of glossy accents and sprinkled it with glitter.  As a finishing touch I die cut the word, Fall, inked it up in shades of brown and orange and adhered it to the card front.  I tied string around the card centered with a green pearl. 

This past weekend, I went on a "double date" with my soon to be 20 year old son.  I feel blessed that my kid actually wants to hang out with me and his dad!  So we spent the day apple picking. 
Here's me and the hubby! 
And my kid with his girlfriend! She is a baker so she was excited to bring a couple of bags of apples back to college.  :)

I will "see" you all next week! I am part of a Lawn Fawn Blog hop!
Until then, I will be pretty sparse! My husband and I are flying out to New York for the weekend.
We are seeing 4 Broadway shows and seeing the 911 memorial.
I am so excited, as I've never been to New York before.
This empty nester things is kind of awesome! LOL! 
(Especially knowing that both my kiddos are healthy and happy!)
Have a great week my friends!


4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Ack! So creative and cute with the ribbon! Love this! Your son and his girlfriend are just as cute as Mom and Dad. Enjoy your New York trip!

TK said...

Beautiful card, I just adore the staggered die cuts! Enjoy your weekend away!!

Conniecrafter said...

I have seen this done with ribbons and washi tape and just love the look, your sparkle is a pretty touch!
Glad you had a fun day out with your son and have a safe trip!

vdoyle8 said...

as always - your card is lovely! I think I remember reaching out to you with the message that the empty nest does. not. suck. LOL! Enjoy the Big Apple - my favorite place in the world. If you have time, have dessert at Serendipity - there are two or three of them. The specialty is frozen hot chocolate and it's totally worth both the calories and the trip!