Sunday, February 21, 2021

Whimsy's New Release part 2!

I had so much fun with Whimsy Stamp's Cubed Die Set that I had to make another card! This one kind of took on a life of it's own, as I built the cubes and then started stacking and layering them.  Then thought, why not make a shaker card?  Go big or go home right? ;)  I created the glittery frame using the Wonky Window Die 2 and cutting the inside part of it out. I added these fun Color Wheel Sprinkletz inside shaker.  I adhered a piece of acetate to the back and plopped that on my cubed background using Crafty Foam Tape. 
The background piece was cut from the Wavy Pierced Rectangle Die.  I used several Distress Oxide inks to match the inside of the card.  The sentiment is part of the Simple Sentiments set.  (I told you this is my "go to" set! LOL!) 


The sentiment was stamped with Versamark on black paper and embossed in white.  I used the Quick Strips Die set to cut it out.  It was layered over front of frame. I tied hot pink tulle around the front of the card.  
There is a lot going on with this card, it was definitely going down a rabbit hole for awhile, but I think at the end it does shout, Happy! (Or maybe I am just fooling myself!) ;)
On a happy note, I did get a 40 min. call from my son yesterday.  It was so great hearing his voice.  He is half way done with boot camp.  :)  
Be sure to check out Whimsy Stamp's newest releases! I promise the next card will be something besides cubes!













 

No comments: