Monday, November 8, 2021

Reindeer Ornament

So did you go straight from Halloween to Christmas? Or do you decorate for Thanksgiving?
As much as I wanted to get my Christmas decor up, I did end up putting my Thanksgiving stuff up first.  It is a season to be grateful and pause for a bit. So I put the brakes on.  (Although Hallmark has been going strong in my craft room!) LOL
Today I have an ornament to share.  I used Whimsy Stamp's Tattered Christmas stamp set. 
I stamped it on the wooden disc with a juicy Versamark ink and sprinkled it with a distressed dark brown embossing powder.  The effect wasn't perfect but I think it lent itself to the whole shabby look of it.  
The image was colored with Copic markers.  I added a bit of texture paste to the antlers, rhinestone for Rudolph's nose, and a teeny jingle bell around his neck.  As a final touch, I added some white gel pen "snow." 

I hope you enjoyed this super easy to make ornament!
Check out Whimsy Stamp's new products!



 

No comments: