Wednesday, September 22, 2010

JustRite's Christmas Blog Hop #3!

Welcome to JustRite Stampers’ newest Wednesday feature, 12 Weeks of Christmas Blog Hops #3! Every Wednesday up until Thanksgiving some of your favorite designers will be joining some of the JustRite design team for a series of Christmas blog hops, showcasing JustRite’s entire Christmas Collection of stamps! So mark your calendars for Wednesdays at 9am Central for great Christmas gift, card & project ideas, starting at the JustRite Inspiration blog! We are in week 3 of JustRite's 12 Christmas Blog Hop! (If I keep this up, I might actually be able to send some homemade cards this year! ) LOL!

Today's card uses the set Vintage Christmas by JustRite. The ornaments were colored with Copic colors, R81, R83, BG10, BG32, Y21.. They were then cut out, edges inked, Crystal lacquer and glitter were applied. Rhinestones were also added to their centers. The image was stamped again in silver. It was cut out using my Small Circles die by Spellbinders. I left it on after cutting to airbrush with Copic BG10 . Then the cut ornaments were placed on foam dimensional dots. The frame was also stamped in silver, cut out with a Large Circle Spellbinder's die and rhinestones were added. I inked both circles' edges with silver, then I layered them over a scalloped circle. (Spellbinder's die too!) The paper is by K & Company and was hand stitched with silver tread. As a final touch I added silver ribbon and 2 vintage buttons.
Love the look of the these old fashioned ornaments!
Would you like more Christmas inspiration? Be sure to stop by these talented ladies' blogs!

JustRite Blog
Debbie Olson
Becca Feeken

Sharon Harnist
Jeanne Streiff
Michele Kovack <------- Me! : )

Mona Pendleton
Heidi Blankenship
Beate Johns
Sankari Wegman
Selma Stevenson
Kellie Fortin
Angela Barkhouse
Pam Imholtz
Kazan Clark
Liz Weber
Stephanie Kraft

Have a wonderful day! Thanks so much for stopping by!

42 comments:

Becca Feeken said...

Michelle, this is as pretty and serene as it can be. Every element works perfectly together!! I love the clear vintage buttons!!

Sharon Harnist said...

Gorgeous, Michele -- love those added rhinestones and pretty colors you used!

Unknown said...

So beautiful, Michele! Love the glittery ornaments and lovely colors!

Michele Gross said...

Absolutely delightful!! I've been excited about this blog hop all night! I was crafting with Kazan yesterday and couldn't wait to see what everyone else had in store for today! Such yummyness!! :D

Rhonda Miller said...

Gorgeous. TFS.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Michele - those ornaments are gorgeous!!

Jessica said...

Oh wow, Michelle, you brought back a very old memory! When I was a girl, we had ornaments that looked just like these. Glitter and all! I think I still have one of them. It's in serious need of some love. So maybe this year when I get out the decorations, I'll fix up the glitter. I have some very unusaul colors of glitter, there must be one in my collection that looks like that old ornament. TFS

Kerry said...

Great job Michelle with the glittered ornaments. Such a wondeful idea!

Peggy said...

Love the glittered ornaments and colors. Great job!
God bless,
Peggy

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Michele,I love the images and your papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Anonymous said...

Lovely card.

Bev's Wild Adventures said...

I love the colors on this card. Beautiful.

AKiteFlier said...

Ooooh sparkly beauty! Love the color pallette.

cheryl said...

oh wow this is simply stunning so elegant just adore everything about it hugs cheryl xxx

CreativeMish said...

This is so pretty. I love the vintage look of the glittery ornaments.

Liz Weber said...

Beautiful card Michele, I love your gorgeous ornaments and the pretty colour scheme is gorgeous, I think I need these papers. Thanks for sharing!

Luv 2 Create said...

Beautiful card Michelle. Love the sparkle.
Marcie

Marge said...

Love your color combo and all that sparkle!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh so pretty Michelle! Those shimmery, sparkling ornaments are so beautiful!

marilynwillauer said...

Very, Very pretty, love the colors and embellishments. Thanks for sharing your talents.

marilynwillauer said...

Very, Very pretty, love the colors and embellishments. Thanks for sharing your talents.

Selma said...

Love the sparkly ornaments and the colors you have used. Beautiful card.

Tatanky said...

Great colors and I really like the sparkle in the ornaments

Tee said...

Love the glitter!! And those colors are truly reminiscent of the old days!

Hearts Turned said...

One of THE most luscious Christmas cards I've ever seen, Michele! Love your glittery ways!

Beauty in every detail--perfect!

Julie

Mel said...

Wow I love this card, just awesome, the glitter and design rocks. Melxx

Peachy Wessels said...

Beautiful card and pretty colors and ornaments.

Kathy Jones said...

So Beautiful Michele - I just adore your sparkly ornaments!!!

Auntie Em said...

Love the bling and glitter. Your colours and design are so retro and pretty!
Thanks for sharing! :o)

Chris said...

Beautiful card Michele and I love those ornaments too, I have some very similar that were on my Grandmother's tree originally. I love the colours and all the sparkle and the silver accents look wonderful with these pretty colours. LOL re getting your cards made, this is one way of doing it :D. Hugs, Chris :)

Karen said...

Oh yeah, I just love those sparkly ornaments.

Janie Printz said...

This is a beautiful card. Love the Justrite stamps & you've more than done them justice.
So sorry to hear about losing your friend. Your tribute to her is amazing & I'm sure she's looking down smiling at you ...
Hugs, Janie

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful card, I am in love with those buttons too! ~Diane

Allison Rankin said...

Oh my you make a pretty card...loving the glitter!

Anne Tussing said...

Breathtaking!!

Heidi Blankenship said...

Michele, you card is Beautiful!! I love the colors, glitter and rhinestones!

Unknown said...

Michele this is gorgeous!! I love love the colors and the bling - beautiful job!!

Brooke said...

Michele, I love your choice of colors and the ornaments almost come to life.
hugs,
Brooke

Mel said...

Very Cute!!!

iPhone Application Developer said...

This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing websites that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. It?s the old what goes around comes around routine.

Seo Services said...

I like this blog. Such a interesting post on Christmas. I share it and bookmark is also.

iPhone Application Developer said...

Great informative post and i really likes your information, most of the peoples are likes your blog because its having the good knowledge. thanks for your good informative post.