Thursday, December 6, 2012

Beach Inspired Ornament

I love making Christmas ornaments, and especially ones that have a specific theme.  I created this beach inspired ornament in the Holiday Issue of Cricut Magazine.  I used the Cricut Craft Room Exclusive Seashell images. They were all cut around 2 inches.  Once they were cut, I added sand, glitter, and pearls to them.  They were each assembled using dimensional foam circles.  
I added Spanish Moss to the inside of the ornament and tied a piece of burlap and twine around the top of it.  

Cortney went to the GI doc yesterday.  He prescribed a regimen for her that requires me to stay home with her over the next few days.  I am hoping that very soon, my happy chatty girl is back.  The poor thing hasn't been herself these last few weeks.  
Have a great Thursday!

8 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous!! Lee-Ann :)

Gwen said...

This is gorgeous!! Love it so much! I hope Cort feels better soon to.

Anonymous said...

Love the ornament. Hope Cort is better soon.

Life and Knits said...

Stunning!!

Susie

Rea' said...

Awesome ornament Michele !

Anonymous said...

Hello. Beautiful work. My name is Allyson and I visit your blog a couple times a month.I can feel that you and your daughter need prayer. Please know that I will go into deep prayer beginning tonight.Try to get some rest and know that others are praying deeply.

michele said...

so lovely. sending light!

hope you will find a moment to stop by and enter a giveaway i am hosting for followers (i hope you win!):
http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2012/12/personalized-lovely-giveaway.html

happy weekend to you!

michele

Beth Matson said...

Love this ornament! Hope Cort is feeling better.