Saturday, December 8, 2012

Christmas is Coming.....

Good morning and happy weekend to you all!  I want to thank you for all of your prayers and well wishes regarding Cortney.  All of your prayers worked.  : )  We had good news from the doctor yesterday and now we just have to wait for her little body to get back to normal.  Last night she was singing to Christmas carols and was happy.  Something I haven't seen in over 2 weeks.  With all of this going on Christmas has taken a back seat here.  Some of our traditions of cookie baking and going downtown haven't happened yet.  Sometimes other, more important things get in the way. 
Fortunately, I have still been able to sneak into my craft room and regain a bit of my sanity.  ; ) So I've been creating my own holiday spirit in the craft room using Crafty Secret's stamps.
I used the Christmas Express stamp set to stamp the children in Versamark.  I embossed it with a verdigris embossing powder.  I stamped snowflakes with Tim Holtz Distressed Linen ink.  As a final touch I added a bit of glitter for the snow. 
I should have taken a picture of the frame "before," but forgot! (Shame on me!) It was just a typical silver frame.  Pretty, but not distressed enough for the look I was going for.  So I used paint from Ten Second Studio to create this beautiful Verdigris look.  I even applied it to my mini clothes pin. : D
I was taking pictures of my cards when the pup decided she wanted her picture taken.  She just plopped her little self down on my backdrop and this was what I captured.  Love.  She is almost fully grown, her curly hair is starting to come in, she is finally potty trained, and she has the sweetest disposition.  She and Skippers are best of friends, and it is warms my heart to see them play.  When I think of the life she would have had, I am so glad we saved her from it. 
Well, so far I've made good on my resolution.  I've visited everyone who has left a comment here.  I will continue to do that.  You all have been so good to me, and I want to reciprocate.  This blog, this hobby, has saved me in so many ways. 
I am thankful.
Have a great weekend my friends!
XOXO



11 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous ornament!! Lee-Ann :)

DIANA L. said...

Awesome!!! What great inspiration thanks for sharing, I love the vintage look.

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Debby said...

So glad that Courtney is better. it must break your heat to see her so sick.
Your little doggie is just precious.
I love the little scene on the ornament.

Riet said...

So gorgeous bag Michele.

Hugs Riet.xx

Esther Asbury said...

So many lovely details -- and what an adorable puppy as well!

M. Kim Rosati said...

Love this ornament - it's looks lovely on the tree! So glad your daughter is doing well! P.S. My daughter just got a Chavalier King Charles Spaniel about two months ago - he is the cutest, sweetest and smartest dog I've ever seen. Love seeing pictures of yours! Take care and God Bless!

Melissa said...

So Glad to here that your gal is feeling better. I always enjoy your projects-

Anonymous said...

So glad Cort's better. Love the ornament, terrific stamp. Glad you got to create. Sometimes we really need it.

Helen said...

Your project turned out great! I love the photo you took of your pup, she’s so adorable!

Rea' said...

Glad to hear Courtney is doing better!
Pretty ornament, like the colors you used and your details !

Winton Rose Paper Creations said...

Beautiful ornaments. Thanks so much for sharing them with us all.