Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Thankful!

For some reason, I decided one morning to scroll through my old posts and realized that I used to chat and talk about my life and family more.  I don't seem to do much of that these days. Maybe because the Internet has gotten so big and there are so many places to visit to look at cards.  Maybe because I thought people were too busy to read about what's going on in my life.  But then I realized, this is my blog, kind of a digital journal of my life.  And when I think how long I've been blogging, this little corner of the world is important and priceless, even if it's just for me.  ;) So I totally understand if you are visiting just to look at my cards.  I know how life is, always moving at the speed of light.  But if you have been coming here for years, I hope you will scroll down to the bottom of this post for some exciting news. :)

So on to my card! This little cutie is the 3rd card I've made with Whimsy Stamp's Gnome so Thankful set.  I stamped him in Tim Holtz Distress Linen ink to give a no line water coloring effect.  I used Karin Brushmarkers.  Once everything was dry, I stamped the sentiment.  I distressed the edges with an open pair of scissors.  Just run the scissors along the edge and you get his nice torn, curled edge.  
I added some Stickles to the apple, tied a string, and added a little pink Sprinkletz to the center. 




So on to my exciting news! As some of you know, my son joined the Navy in January.  He part of the nuclear engineering program in South Carolina.  He left his girlfriend behind here.  They met at church, became friends, and then eventually started dating.  He was home in July on leave and asked her to marry him.  He tied the ring to the inside of the Bible right by their favorite verse.  It was perfect and so sweet.
This Mama got to take their engagement pictures. :)  
They are looking at next fall to get married and I couldn't be happier.  They are a great pair together, and she couldn't be any sweeter!










 

1 comment:

Ruthie A said...

Congratulations to all!!
This is so exciting and what a sweet way to ask! Love it!!