Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Happy Birthday Western Style!

Howdy pardners! I have a little card that would be perfect for those little men in your lives! It is a brand new set by Crafty Secrets called, Down on the Farm. I colored this cute image in with my Copic Markers. I used various Spellbinders dies to create the card and matte the image. All paper is by Papertrey Ink. And the boot? Wellllll, let me tell you......I created it using my Imagine Machine (by Provo Craft) and Shrinky Dink material. I used the Country Carnival cartridge and printed it at 3". I punched a hole in the back, and then used my heat gun to shrink it down to size! When it was shrunk down, I added a bit of twine to the back of the boot! I just think it is such a fun accent for this card!
I love being able to combine my favorite companies together!!!
And now, on a personal note......I have just a couple of photos to share! If you are sick of seeing my lil' family.......run! FAST! LOL!
This was my favorite picture from Cort's big game this past Saturday. She looks like an official cheerleader! I can't explain how incredibly touching it is to see the high school cheerleaders working and cheering with our girls. It is so heartwarming! I could have just sat and cried with joy on Saturday......I think I did.......(Just a little!)


I managed to get a pretty decent photo of the four of us. It doesn't happen often, as I am usually the one behind the camera. We all wore T-shirts to support our local Special Ed Rec Center.
And since my son has been thoroughly neglected these days in the photo department, I thought I'd share a quick photo I took of him on the day of his 8th grade graduation pictures. He was so proud of his tie. He picked it out all by himself. It is a Donald Trump tie......... ; ) He is looking so grown up........a young man.....no baby left in him.......*sigh* I guess that's what children do........
I appreciate your visits more than you know.......thank you for stopping by and letting me share a piece of my creativity and my family with you!

12 comments:

ibecircled.blogspot.com said...

Thank you for sharing your Cute project and that boot is super cute!! Nice photo's as well! You have a very sweet Family!! I have never tryed to do shrinky dinks yet. But I did try my hand at glass etching, except that the glass was coated with something that prevented it to etch.Maybe paint, I bought the vase at A local thrift store. any the results were kinda surprising! I have it posted on my Blog.

Love visiting!
http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
Rexann

KriskropMemories said...

Love the card! It's not too often you see masculine cards.
Great family photo as well, I am in the same spot usually too, behind the camera and not in the picture!
Thanks for sharing your creativity.
Cheers

Joan Ervin said...

Your little cowboy card is absolutely adorable...such a sweet image and I love the fabo boot!!! Your family photos are wonderful, too...you have a beautiful family and what a joy to see your DD cheering with the big girls!!!! Your son looks mighty handsome in his manly tie....he may grow up but he will always be your little man!!!

Susie said...

Fabulous card - totally love the image. You have a beautiful family - great photos.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeee that card Michele! LOVEEEEEEEEEE the boot!! And those photos are AWESOME!!! I can't believe BOTH our boys are graduating from the 8th grade this year!!! Where has the time gone!?!?!?!?! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jingle said...

Your card is absolutely fabulous! Very cute photos, too!!!

IvyandRein said...

Great card! ;) and cort looks great in her cheerleading
Uniform ;) I can't believe your son is only 8
He looks so tall ;)
Thanks for sharing

Jocelyn said...

Love that great card!!! So cute!!!

Oh I just love seeing pics of the family!!! Cort is just a doll baby!!! Yay for a great family pic and oh my Kyle is just growing into such a young man!!! Great choice on the tie!!!

Wishing you a great one!!!

JennyKozar said...

What a great card - your mind works in the most fantastic way. I love the way you combined artwork from each of the companies. And the pictures - well just beautiful!

Rhonda Z said...

I love your creativity. Thanks for sharing your cards and your family. I am in awe of you and all of the things you juggle . . . and you are always upbeat and hppy.

Allison Rankin said...

Super fun! Love the boot in the forefront...great idea!

Super pics of the family...your son is quite the looker!

Anonymous said...

What great pictures!! Your children are so good looking. You are right, Cort looks like such a pretty cheerleader.