Monday, December 2, 2013

Crafty Secret's Design Team Challenge-Tutorial!

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and weekend! I know I did! I hosted Thanksgiving, got all of my Christmas decorations up, shopped, visited with family and friends, and even managed brunch with Santa yesterday.  It was a beautiful busy weekend!

It's that time of the month again when Crafty Secret's hosts their design team challenge and linky party!
Today I have a vintage inspired ornament and step by step directions on how I created it. 
I adore this little Eskimo....it is part of Crafty Secret's digital Vintage Christmas set. I gave her a bit of color with my Copics and added flock to her hood, collar, and cuffs.
I love adding pops of silver here and there with tinsel ribbon, silver glitter, and silver sequins.  I also added satin ribbon and pink pom pom trim. 
On the left is how I purchased it from the store.  (Hobby Lobby)  I selected a pretty egg shell blue paint by Martha Stewart. Once dry I brushed on glossy accents and sprinkled it with glitter. 
I use up so much glitter with this addiction I have that my bottle is now empty! :( 
I wanted to add the silver trim, so I grabbed my tacky glue and a bunch of clothespins..... 
It is helpful to hold the trim down until it is dry. ;)
Here is a close up of my Eskimo girl.  Colored, flocked..... 
I used two different Spellbinder's circle dies to fit my ornament.  I airbrushed the image while the die was still in place with a pink Copic marker.  
I didn't want the image to be too far back inside the ornament, so I stacked 3 dimensional foam circles and glued them inside the ornament.  
I also wanted a silver snowflake with a little rosebud for the center.  
Here is my ribbon before adding my silvery snowflake. I use string all the time to tie my bows together.  
And here is one last look at the ornament all put together. :)
Be sure to visit the rest of the design team to see their beautiful projects!






18 comments:

Bonjourscrap said...

That's a lot of work for a little ornament. It's beautiful !

Diane Hodrick said...

This is just beautiful! Thanks for the great tutorial!

Vicki Chrisman said...

Very Sweet Michele!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

This is so darling! Love the way you transformed that tin...all the glitter makes it so special...but I bet you are picking glitter out of your hair for days! LOL

Glennis F said...

That is so pretty

Papercrafting Princess said...

Oh my goodness...It's adorable! TFS!!

cjgusloff57 said...

This ornament is so sweet! Just love it! Corrine Ann

Aileen said...

Love the ornament, its totally beautiful. Lot of work but always nice to have something special for the tree each year.

Jill Norwood said...

ANAZING AND GORGEOUS!

cherry said...

ohhh owow....swoon. This is adorable! cherry

Colleen said...

Gorgeous ornament.
Is that a small paper mache box that you used?
Thanks for the instructions
ColleenB.

Birgit said...

This is the sweetest little ornament ever!! Thanks for sharing how you made it. Is is simply adorable!!

Sara Andrews said...

I absolutely love this Michele. Thanks for showing us step-by-steps directions. One day I WILL tie bows as beautiful as you do!! ;)

Darlene said...

Absolutely adorable Michele! What a great idea ... thanks for the step-by-step. Sorry I'm late commenting, I've been sick in bed with a stomach virus since Saturday but thankfully, I'm on my way back to 'normal' now.
Thanks for another great holiday decorating idea!

Sheila Rumney said...

What an adorable little ornament!

Elizabeth said...

This is wonderful Michele. I love all things sparkly especially at Christmas. It must look great on the tree with the lights playing off the glitter.
Cheers, Elizabeth

Cammie said...

Wow! You certainly worked your magic to turn a ho-hum ornament into a such sweet and sparkly beauty! Love it!

Dorlene Durham said...

Adorable! YOu make it seem so easy! This is so precious