Saturday, October 5, 2019

World Card Making Day Blog Hop!

World Cardmaking Day is a day dedicated to celebrating the art of handmade cards – whether made with construction paper and crayons or with more sophisticated supplies. As we crafters can all agree, a store-bought card, while nice, just can’t replace the personal and thoughtful nature of one made by hand. Today, the Whimsy Design Teams are honoring this craft with two hops – one here and another on Instagram. For each hop, Whimsy Stamps is giving away a $25 gift certificate to the store. To increase your chances of winning, be sure to leave a comment on each stop of the hop. All comments must be left by midnight EST on Saturday, October 12th . One winner will be randomly-chosen from each hop, and both winners will be announced on the Whimsy blog on Sunday, October 13th 
For my Halloween Treat Boxes, I used Whimsy's new Mini Treat Box Die.   This die is super cute and very easy to assemble.  I added white polka dots to the top of the box to jazz it up a little. 
I used Kooky Monsters to decorate the top of the box.  I colored them with Copic Markers.  The image was cut using the Stitched Circles Die set.  I added glossy accents to the monster's eyes and spots. 
I tied purple and white twine around the box and through a hole in the image.  I stamped the sentiment and tucked it under the bow.  I added Crafty Foam Tape under the circle to give a bit of room for the twine.  
For a finishing touch, I added a ghost and clear gem in the middle of the bow from the Boo Sparkletz collection. These boxes are perfect little treats to pass out to kids or in my case, because I am a teacher, to my colleagues! ;)

Blog Hop Lineup: 
For more Halloween fun and prizes, be sure to check out the Whimsy Blog every night this month for the 3rd Annual 31 Nights of Halloween blog celebration!
Supplies:
*NEW Mini Treat Box Die  Kooky Monsters Clear StampsPierced and Stitched Circles Die SetGlossy AccentsCrafty Foam Tape WhiteSparkletz - Boo

21 comments:

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

This is SO cool Michele and now I WANT that treat box! LOL. Gorgeous creation hun, I really love your sweet creation, just gorgeous. Hugs, Wends xoxo

MadeByMeghanK said...

THese are the CUTEST treat boxes! GREAT colors!!!

Debbie Davis said...

These are so stinkin' COOL! I love the vibrant colors and they Kooky Monsters fit the Mini Treat Box perfectly - LOVE this Halloween project!

SD pooja said...

I loved the bright colors and the idea to use stamps to decorate a box !

Becca Yahrling said...

LOL These monsters are just too adorable!! And scary cute. hehe

Debs said...

Wow, who wouldn't just love to get one of your candy boxes. x

Jessie said...

Love your design, I would love to get one of those. Thanks for sharing

Cindy Holmes said...

What a sweet little candy box! That monster is just so precious!

Krista's Paper Cafe said...

Too, too, too cute! Fabulous idea for a treat favor! Wonderful craftmanship! Thank you for sharing.

Denise Bryant said...

Love the fun color combos! These are great! Awesome project!

Mari said...

Such a beautiful boxes. Lovely coloring!

CraftyNatalie said...

Great makes.

karen adams said...

Great boxes!awesome coloring!

LIZARD said...

What a super creative box to make and give! What colors did you use on the kooky monsters? I have been scoring my set of them in and yours look brighter. ;) This gift box makes me wish I taught school with you! Awesomely kooky great!

ionabunny said...

Monstrously good. Love these. Fab colours. Hugz

* Shell B.* said...

Oh I love your little treat boxes, those monsters are colored so brilliantly!

Sue D said...

So fun--love the vibrant colors.

Dee Earnshaw said...

these treat boxes are just adorable - the colors on them are so vibrant - thanks for the ideas

Sladjana Perisic said...

What a fantastic idea! I'm a preschool teacher so this is definitely something I can give to my kids also. By the way, the coloring is amazing!!!

Lisa J said...

What a fab project and perfect for Halloween with the cute monster! Lisa J

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Saw this on IG and about flipped my top! Fabulous job, great coloring, love it!